Today officially marks one month until my birthday. One more month, and I will officially be 25. I'll be a quarter of a century old, and no longer have any awesome birthdays left. I can rent a car, which I might just go do so I can say I have. I'm also excited about my car insurance decreasing. I like paying less money.
This got me thinking, though. He's going to propose. But how? I don't want him to tell me, but I actually don't have a clue. I've decided, though, that I would like to document my guesses, so when it actually happens, I have written proof that says "I guessed it!"
Here is what I know:
1) He actually has the ring. I confirmed this with him today.
2) He told both parents, and my parents may or may not have been choked up.
3) He told his female co-workers, and they cried, too.
This part of me loves him more that he is such a monster that he enjoys making women cry. I guess you can call me sadistic. (Ok, this is a joke. If you don't know this already, I'm very sarcastic when I write.)
Kevin and I also don't live together. It takes him a half hour to get to me, but since I apparently drive too slow, it takes me 45 minutes. Mapquest says it's a 45 minute drive. Take that! Us not living together makes it so much easier on him. This way, he can plan surprises for me and I never get to know about them until it actually happens. Then I get surprised. YAY SURPRISES!!!!!!
How is it going to go down? Here are my guesses.
1) I'm having a party at my house on 9/1. It's for my birthday and Labor Day. Everyone should have a beer on labor day. It's important. I think Kevin may get my best friend from western PA out here (and her birthday is 9/2. Fancy that!) and propose to be right before or right after they sing Happy Birthday to me. That would be cool, right?
2) On the cruise, he's going to take me to the back of the boat and propose to me Titanic style. Nothing is more romantic than almost dieing by stepping on your dress while leaned over the edge of a boat. Maybe Jack will catch me.
3) Right after the cruise. He won't propose on the ship, but instead, the moment we get off the boat.
4) The day after my birthday. My birthday is on a Thursday. I would love him forever if he stole me after work, took me to Maryland, and got me fresh crabs. Yes, crabs. I love crabs. But right after, we drive off into the sunset or some shit and he proposes. Again, really romantic, right?
That's all I've got. I don't have any more guesses. I can't wait, but at the same time, I don't want it rushed. I want it done perfectly. It's the way it ought to be.
I'm not one of those people on Facebook who every single day goes on and tells everyone how wonderful my boyfriend is. I usually keep it to myself. I know how wonderful he is. I know how thoughtful and sweet he is. I know how much of an awful person he can be. I love him for all of it. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, and the man I love.
So, I've also decided what I want our engagement photo to be. I think it describes us perfectly.
What so you think? Are we a cute couple or what? Also, please check out the links on the right hand side of this blog. I'd love you forever. This is how I'm paying for my awesome wedding you guys are hearing about :)